Love My Bead Board

If you love beading, you really should think about investing in a bead board. I have found this tool a real jewelry making necessity. 


How I begin a new project with beads
My board makes it easy to create stunning jewelry pieces. I can easily lay out a multi strand necklace and bracelet design with ease. 

I just create and set out my pattern in the grooves of the board before I even think about stringing the beads together. 

I have found placing many different types of beads on the board allows me to observe new, exciting combinations of color mixes and shapes. I do this mixing of beads before I even begin thinking about my design.

Another benefit of the board is it holds the beads in place. We've all had a bead or two get away from us. Mine always end up rolling to a place where I can't immediately find them. 

Ever down on your hands and knees frantically hunting under furniture or around the floor? The board has trays, wells and is textured making bead rolling a think of the past unless you accidentally drop one like I've done so many times. 

Last benefit I'll mention is the ability to travel with your beads. I like being able to pack away my half-finished projects without the need to undo or repack the beads first. 

There you have it. An easier way to,

  1. try out bead combinations before even cutting a thread
  2. prevent beads from rolling away while you create your design and
  3. make bead traveling easier.
I'm sure there are many other benefits found using a board. These are the top three I've come up with. Now, grab your board and design that perfect masterpiece. 

Gotta go. This Coffee Break is over.
Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment